Friday, October 26, 2012

Pumpkin Polishes - 2012 Edition

Last year there were a ton of new pumpkin polishes, so this year I was pretty excited to see what they came out with for 2012. Well, to my disappointment, there were only two new colors from last year's crop.

The base color here is a Claw polish called Bloodshed, which is great name for this color. It's a right red cream. In case you're not familiar with Claw polishes, they come in these great coffin shaped bottles.

One of the two pumpkins here is a clear base filled with orange micro glitter and orange and black bar glitters. This is one coat overtop Bloodshed. I really like the red underneath. The bar glitters don't really lay flat on the nail, so that's a bit of texture.

This next polish is another Claw polish called Poison. Poison is a bright shiny purple that my camera did not love. Every photo made it look blue for some reason, but I was lucky enough to grab one decent one that is pretty close to accurate. It's still a bit more blue in this photo than IRL.

So, overtop Poison, I'm wearing the 2nd new pumpkin polish of the season. This one a clear base with bunches of light purple hexes. This is also the type of glitter that doesn't exactly lay flat and smooth on the nail. I liked the two together, but this type of glitter isn't my favorite.


Ok, so a quick rant. I HATE this curly glitter trend - I think Polish Addict was the one who labeled them "taco glitter". I like my polish smooth, I can't stand when the ends start to curl up and snag on things. Blach. Ok, I guess that wasn't really a rant....ha ha.

I know I've been MIA for a while, so what the heck have I been up to? Well, we just bought a house! Looks like we'll be moving sometime in December if all goes well. I'm so excited!!
Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. Taco glitter is the worst! But in better news-- congrats on the house! Your new house looks freaking beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the house! Here is to many years of great memories to be made!

    ReplyDelete